A morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Redskins on Monday, May 19, 2014.
All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Redskins.
-- After a successful rookie minicamp, head coach Jay Gruden gave impressions of what he saw.
-- Several members of the 2014 draft class gave initial thoughts on being Redskins.
-- A roundup of Gruden’s post-rookie minicamp press conference Saturday afternoon.
-- While the rookies were getting their first taste of NFL life, former Washington Redskin and current ESPN 980 personality, Chris Cooley, was prepping for a mural he’s painting over the next few days.
-- After signing as a college free agent, former BYU wide receiver Cody Hoffman said he’s out to prove his talents.
-- One reporter gave his five thoughts on rookie minicamp to include cornerback Bashaud Breeland’s aggressive mindset and running back Lache Seastrunk’s ability.
-- As rookie linebacker Trent Murphy learns several different pass-rush positions, one reporter says the team is impressed with his progress so far.
-- According to one reporter, guard Spencer Long showed his high-level skillset early.
-- The Washington Times reporter Brian McNally provides this overarching piece on rookie minicamp.
What's Trending In @Redskins Nation?
1) #Redskins top two picks, LB @TMurphy_93 & OT @MORGANMOSES_78, getting lots of opportunities to improve together: http://redsk.in/TlLbsZ
2) #Redskins head coach Jay Gruden: 'Hats off' to everybody at rookie minicamp: http://redsk.in/Tg9Qio #HTTR pic.twitter.com/NgsCaGrMG7
3) SNEAK PEEK: The #SkinsDraft class unwinds after rookie minicamp. Check out the full shot in the #Redskins Yearbook! pic.twitter.com/XvqFC0mp5I
4) Gruden on OG Spencer Long: "He did a great job. From the first through fourth practice... He's going to be competitive right away."
5) PHOTO GALLERY: The #Redskins 2014 draft class met the D.C. media today after practice No. 1: http://redsk.in/1jphNMX pic.twitter.com/th58o3DRtw