A morning roundup of what the local and national media have to say about the Washington Redskins on Friday, April 18, 2014.
All reports, rumors and conjecture are a reflection of the media conversation and are not endorsed or confirmed by the Washington Redskins.
-- Over the last 20 years for the Redskins, there have been many great performances, but one writer takes a look five of the best ones.
-- Quarterback Robert Griffin III and new Redskins receiver DeSean Jackson spent some “bonding time” Thursday night when they went to dinner at a restaurant in Georgetown.
-- Defensive lineman
-- In one of the latest mock drafts, the Redskins go offense and take offensive tackle Joel Bitonio out of Nevada.
-- With a lot of speedy players and a new offensive mind leading the team, what will Jay Gruden’s offense look like in 2014?
-- Quarterback Robert Griffin III has helped Bears cornerback Charles Tillman get a street named after him in their home town of Copperas Cove, Texas. Both players graduated from Copperas Cove High School and Griffin III already has a street named after him in the town.
-- The Redskins first preseason game against the New England Patriots has been announced and it will be played at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 7, at FedExField.
-- Former Washington tight end Chris Cooley said that RG3 “looks like another person” right now when he runs without his knee brace. Griffin has announced that he will play without the brace this season after using it all last year.
What's Trending In @Redskins Nation?
1) PRESEASON: The opening preseason game vs. the @Patriots will be at 7:30 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 7 @FedExFieldEvent. #HTTR
2) #Redskins Morning Clips on @KaiForbath's offseason work, #NFLDraft visits, running back depth & more: http://t.co/5WOhIyg6A3 #HTTR
3) The #Redskins remember those who lost their lives seven years ago in the tragedy at Virginia Tech. http://t.co/YXHKwO4y5A
4) A or D seems logical. RT @EAMaddenNFL: Which player will have the biggest impact on their new team next season? http://t.co/8VzG0yBsVb
5) #Redskins head coach Jay Gruden on the team's offseason workout program: 'So far, so good:' http://t.co/bM9FN3lgUR #HTTR